Peace of Mind
Like every business, I have had to adapt to continue to safely provide a much needed service whilst doing everything to protect your health.
Below are the main changes I am making to ensure everyone is kept as safe as possible. They are all in line with best practice guidelines from Public Health England, The General Osteopathic Council and Institute of Osteopathy.
- Patients will be screened before every appointment for Coronavirus symptoms and potential exposure.
- I will be self-monitoring for symptoms.
- I will be wearing recommended PPE: face mask, disposable apron and gloves. Patients will also be required to wear a mask. Face masks are necessary for the time being to mitigate the risk of Coronavirus transmission to ourselves and others.
- Patients will be required to sanitise their hands on arrival. Hand sanitiser will be freely available.
- I will be spacing appointments to allow time to disinfect all surfaces that may be touched, to ventilate the room and to avoid patients coming into contact.
- Payments will be cashless wherever possible.
- If you are shielding, in a high risk group or live with someone who is, we will discuss with you individually whether osteopathy is appropriate at this time. I am currently only considering appointments for ‘shielding’ patients who have previously visited me.
My clinics are now at a much reduced capacity. This is because of additional time taken for pre-screening, cleaning and extra time between appointments to avoid cross-contamination. Please be patient if you have to wait for an appointment or if I can’t offer the time slots you would like. I will do my best to accommodate as many people as possible.